Most universities are training cybersecurity students to be proficient in traditional academic competencies. That is not what is needed to fill the 400,000 open positions in cybersecurity. Professor Wilke has hired more than 150 cybersecurity professionals in his career — and will share what academia needs to do to reposition and meet the needs of employers wanting to hire cybersecurity students for careers in the field.
Topics will include:
- How to prepare students through learning-based objectives in a cybersecurity program
- The difference between academic preparation vs. cybersecurity career preparation
- Competencies that cybersecurity graduates need to possess
- What employers are looking for
- How to position students for success after graduation
Track sponsored by: